Register now for the 12th annual California Employment Law Update
October 11-13, 2017 | Costa Mesa, CA
Register today and save! Early Bird rate expires July 18, 2017. Save $200 on each additional attendee.
California’s leading employment law conference will celebrate its 12th anniversary with a powerful new agenda crafted specifically for California HR professionals and employers. Local employment attorneys will offer plain-English guidance on the implications legislative and regulatory developments and emerging HR trends will have on your compliance obligations.
As a CELU attendee, you will:
- Discover best practices for paper and e-storage, meeting mandatory notice, policy drafting requirements, and more
- Implement your action plan for conducting thorough and legal workplace investigations under California law
- Experience powerful lightening round talks on benefits and wellness in a post-ACA world, predictive scheduling, and job outlooks for the California market
- Get an inside look at the latest state and federal laws, court rulings and policy updates that will impact your workplace in the years ahead
- Determine how to legally manage the use of recreational and medical marijuana and e-cigarettes among your employees
- Learn how to manage employee performance and disciplinary documentation now that annual appraisals are falling by the wayside
- Get the scoop on new compliance risks under equal pay legislation, 2-tier minimum wage system and other breaking wage and hour updates.
- Access practical tips for striking a legal balance when it comes to drafting and enforcing dress, grooming and bathroom use policies
- Crack the code on preventing unconscious bias and bullying in your workplace so you can avoid legal consequences
- Tap strategies to overcome tricky leave administration challenges involving CFRA, Paid Sick, Kin Care, and PDL laws
- Learn how to effectively accommodate invisible disabilities under ADA/FEHA
- Network with other California professionals and discover how they are tackling their toughest state-specific compliance and management challenges
- Get exclusive Q&A with the state's top employment law attorneys
- Earn critical HR recertification credits toward professional development
Boost Your Career … Protect Your Organization
CELU 2017 Countdown!
This program has been pre-approved for 10.25 hours of general recertification credit (16.25 hours total if you attend two pre-cons) toward PHR and SPHR recertification. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org. ---- Business & Legal Resources (BLR) is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. This program is valid for up to 16.25 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the SHRM Certification website at www.shrm.org/certification.
Video Disclaimer: From time to time, BLR or its contractors record, photograph, and/or stream the various aspects and activities of the California Employment Law Update (CELU) for both archival and promotional purposes. By attending CELU, attendees give BLR and its contractors permission to use their voice and image in any such archival or promotional recording, photograph, or streaming activity without any compensation or credit to the attendee.
Informative and entertaining…
"I oversee HR, accounting and IT. I attended a BLR seminar on terminations in San Diego which attracted me to CELU. I can tell you it's been the best experience, the most comprehensive, most entertaining. HR is not easy but the presenters here are awesome. They really make it informative and entertaining and I will definitely be back next year. BLR puts on the best seminars. If you're not planning on coming, you better be sure to put this into your budget."
"This conference was very well-run, the speakers were terrific, and it's well worth the tuition. It's a worthwhile event."
VP, HR Director
Mammoth Mountain Ski Resort
"The conference session duration allows the presenter to really expand and for questions to be asked around the subject matter. I especially like the workshops. They've been very very helpful."
A wealth of information…
"This was very worthwhile. Great presentations. I feel I am leaving this conference with a wealth of information. All HR professionals would do well to attend."